There are many several reasons that one may seek out or consider getting a Botox injection. Some have become so fed up with the wrinkles and fine lines, and others receive the treatment to prevent the wrinkles from happening. Whatever your reason may be, Agave Laser Clinic in San Antonio offers the procedure. Here are the top 5 things you need to know before getting an injection:
1. Botox is not permanent: Though Botox can last and reduce the effects that time has on the body and wrinkles, it is not a permanent procedure. It often requires repeat appointments if the patient is wanting to maintain and control the wrinkles in the area. While the length that Botox can last varies from person to person, it will typically last between 2 to 6 months.
2. Consultations are important: Before you commit and receive a Botox injection, be sure to talk with your provider on what you would like the injection to do. You want to figure out if the results that you have in mind are achievable through Botox injections. There are some that have unrealistic expectations when searching for Botox injections, having a consultation with your provider will aide in creating the right type of treatment for you.
3. There are numerous benefits: While many will get Botox injections to reduce the effect that wrinkles have on the skin, there are many other benefits the injections have. They can help reduce the amount of pain that migraine suffers endure and can prevent sweating as well. In the San Antonio heat, ridding yourself of sweat can be a great perk!
4. There are side effects: Though it does not happen often- there are some patients that suffer from side effects of Botox. The effects could include mild redness, swelling, or bruising, and are experienced just after the injection occurs. These are not major complications, as the symptom will typically dissipate once the body has adjusted to the injection.
5. Not all offers are the same: There might be numerous clinics and doctors around you that are offering Botox injections- so do your research. Check how the clinic or professional that you are visiting is charging as different practices will vary in the way they measure a treatment. During this time, it is important that you are getting quality injections, a general rule of thumb is to stay away from those offering discounts on the injections as the product is subpar. The most important part of selecting a location though is to make sure the injection is being performed by a trained and experienced professional, like the staff at Agave Clinic.
If you are considering or looking for a clinic that offers Botox in San Antonio, contact Agave Laser & Aesthetic Clinic. We are dedicated and devoted to ensuring our clients are treated to the absolute best and are always there to answer any questions that they may have.