Botox in San Antonio
Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. It is most often used on forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye) and frown lines.
What is Botox?
How Does Botox Work?
Is Botox right for me?
- Are your expectations realistic?
First you should figure out what it is you are trying to achieve from Botox and then decide whether your expectations are both realistic and achievable.
- How could this procedure impact your life?
Most of these questions focus on preparing you for the negative possibilities of Botox, but for this question think of how Botox can positively affect your life. Consider how gaining a more youthful appearance would affect your confidence and how you feel about yourself.
- Is this procedure worth the potential risks?
Before making your decision about Botox you should make sure you are fully informed with the potential risks that come with Botox. Keep in mind that nearly all the risks are superficial and happen only around the injection site.
- Will you be able to handle the maintenance of Botox injections?
Botox injections are not permanent, if you want to maintain your desired results you will have to be able to get new injections every few months.
How long does the Botox treatment take?
Benefits and Side Effects of Botox Injection?
- Can fix a drooping eye brow
- Stop excessive sweating
- Reduce migraine pain
- Treatment for bells palsy
Side Effects –
- Muscle weakness near where the medicine was injected.
- Bruising, bleeding, pain, redness, or swelling where the injection was given.
- Headache and neck or back pain.
- Fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, and any fly symptoms.
- Dizziness, drowsiness, tired feeling.