Chemical Peels in San Antonio
What Is a Chemical Peel?
What Conditions Do Chemical Peels Treat?
- Improve the look and feel of skin
- Treat certain types of acne
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Reduce fine under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Reduce age spots, freckles and dark patches
Is a Chemical Peel Right for Me?
What Is the Recovery Time for Chemical Peel?
What are the types of chemical peels?
- Light Chemical Peels: Light chemical peels are used for treating fine wrinkling, areas of dryness, uneven pigmentation and acne. Light chemical peels are the best choice for people who want the benefits of a facial peel but don’t wish to have as long of recovery time as you would with a deeper peel.
- Medium Chemical Peels: Medium chemical peels are used for treating fine surface wrinkles, superficial blemishes, and pigmentation problems. Like light chemical peels, this peel requires less downtime than a deeper peel.
- Deep Chemical Peels: Deep chemical peels are the strongest of all the peels. This peel is used for treating coarse facial wrinkles, blotches caused by aging or sun exposure, and pre-cancerous risks. This chemical peel produces the longest-lasting results, but the procedure and recovery time are the longest. The procedure usually lasts one to two hours, and the recovery is around seven to ten days.
What are the benefits and risks of chemical peels?
Chemical peels very rarely result in serious complications, but some risks that can happen include –
- Change in skin tones
- Cold sore outbreaks
A chemical peel can provide patients with several benefits such as –
- Restoring a more youthful appearance to the skin
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- Improving un-even pigmentation, sun-damage, and blotchy patches
Agave Laser & Aesthetic Clinic offers Chemical Peels treatment. Contact us to schedule an appointment or call on (210)-595-3500 for more information.